Place an ad: Affordable and effective disability classifieds
e-Bility.com is a popular destination for disability information resources and currently receives around 21,000 unique visitors visits (approximately 48,000 hits) a month, making it a very visible, high profile place to advertise your second hand equipment, wheelchair accessible vehicles, accessible properties on the market, disability/health sector job vacancies and/or disability related businesses for sale.
To place an advertisement please contact e-Bility providing the advertisement details and letting us know if you have a PayPal account or would prefer to pay by EFT (see payment section below for more information).
Do not pay before approval for the ad is received. Once this happens a PayPal invoice with link (or bank details) will be sent to you.
Each listing is set up and priced for a single item that can stay up until sold, not a group of items (the main difficulty being that individual items in a group sell at different rates, so the listing is not accurate which is frustrating to potential buyers). Speciality items, such as pressure care mattresses or cushions are classed as a seperate item because they are expensive and there is a market for these secondhand. The other problem with multi-listings is it inflates the asking price making the primary item look very expensive so our experience, and feedback we receive, is that combined listings are much slower to sell.
We require a text description of the product or property (max 15 brief dot points), its location (suburb/state), a phone contact and your asking price. Please identify if this is a private sale or if it is a commercial listing provide the company name. You are also welcome to include a photo of the item if you have one available. Ideally the photo should be of the actual item for sale, not from a brochure. If you have lots of photos, a dot point that more images are available is fine, then potential buyers can request these if interested. Please note:
- Use lowercase (not all capitals) when sending text
- Images need to be sent as separate .jpg files (not inside a Word document)
- If a brochure or web image is used this must be noted in the dot points (so buyers are aware of the source)
- All details and images need to be provided with the advertisement, only minor edits (such as a change of asking price or phone number) are possible after the ad is listed
- There is no facility for draft preview, ads are prepared based on what you've sent and within the scope of our template
- Advertisements do not include an email address as this can attract inappropriate offers and spam emails from overseas, whereas a phone number is convenient for local enquiries Australia-wide
- Unfortunately scammers are now using text messages requesting your email to make contact, for now it seems the best way to minimise your exposure to scams is to use a landline number (or to be vigilent if providing a mobile number)
- We are unable to advise or suggest an asking pricing for sale of items
- e-Bility is not involved in any transactions, potential buyers contact the seller directly
- At present, we are only accepting adverts from people resident in Australia
- If you are placing the advertisement on behalf of someone else, then you need to be responsible for letting us know when the item is sold. We also require permission from the person whose phone contact is in the listing (if not your own)
TRIAL: Two items as one listing
Occasionally it makes sense to list two items together e.g. some pressure care cushions are custom fitted to a wheelchair, two single beds can be combined to create a king size bed or the seller will only sell the two items as a bundle.
- These items can be listed together but are charged as two ads
- A maximum of two items
- It is important that we are notified if one item sells, so the listing can be updated
- All details must fit within the single ad template which has space for 15 (must be brief) dot points and 1 image for equipment
Prices have been kept to a minimum. These vary for different categories of advertisement and are inclusive of GST:
Advertisements run until the item is sold. Once published minor changes, such as a new phone number or dropping the asking price can be requested. However other content changes require relisting the item (at the same price below). Once relisted the item is also moved back up to the top of the page.
- Equipment: $22 per item plus 1 image
- e.g. a hospital bed plus special pressure care mattress overlay is classed as 2 items (the same for a wheelchair plus pressure-distribution cushion such as Jay/Roho or portable ramp) - twin single beds are also published as 2 items, as this is how they most usually sell
- for people who have 3 or more items a discounted rate is available if all equipment is published at the same time
- Vehicles - $55 per accessible vehicle, with 1-2 images
- Vehicle Parts & Accessories: $38.50 per item plus 1 image (e.g. ramp, external wheelchair hoist/carrier, special purpose car seats, child car seats, swivel car seat, car transfer aid, installed special purpose seating etc)
- Access Living Properties - $88 per accessible property, with 1-3 images and a short introduction (discounted multi-listings are possible if you have several accessible apartments for sale, such as in a new development, retirement village or holiday resort)
- Businesses for sale - $77 per listing, includes logo plus 1 image
These listings are for commercial businesses wishing to advertise refurbished, ex demo, courtesy or hire equipment for sale or vehicles owned or being sold by the business. Equipment must be second hand and must be a specific item, accessible vehicles can be new or secondhand. Listings in this category run for up to 2 months and include the name of the company in the location or contact details, identifying them as a commercial supplier. If the item is not sold within this period it is possible to relist the item at the price below.
- Equipment (second hand, ex-hire): $33 per item
- Vehicles (new, second hand, ex-fleet, courtesy vehicles) - $88 per accessible vehicle
- Vehicle accessories (previously installed) - $49.50 per item
- Access Living Rentals - $88 for 2 month listing (or $220 for an annual real estate listing)
Access Travel & Exhibit Hall listings
Promotions in these areas run for 12 months and include individual supplier pages. There is a setup cost of $55 and annual hosting fee of $220. Please contact us for details.
Sorry, we no longer publish wanted ads. Our experience has been that these are not effective.
Please let us know how you would like to pay and whether you are a private or commercial seller so we can send you the necessary information. The listing is published once payment is received.
- Online payment options
- PayPal: Our preferred payment method is to invoice via PayPal (as long as it is not a PayPal eCheque, this is the quickest method). Please let us know if your account is linked to a different email than the one used in your message and wait until the PayPal invoice is sent before making payment.
- Internet banking: Alternatively ask for our bank details if you are not a PayPal member and would like to pay by direct credit (EFT) using Internet banking. Our experience is that electronic transfers can take 1-2 days to be processed.
- Postal option
- If you are not set up for electronic payments we will accept a cheque.
- Not accepted
- We do not accept over-the-counter bank transfers, cash or cash equivalent payment such as a bank note or money order (as these are not traceable if they go astray)
- Currently we do not have credit card facilities, so please do not email you credit card details
- PayPal eCheques are also problematic as they take 5 business days to clear
Buying and selling of items is the responsibility of the individuals concerned. e-Bility's information resource is a way to publicise your item only, we are not involved in the transaction.
To allow ads to run until the item is sold we rely of sellers letting us know when the item is no longer available. Simply send us a quick email so we can update the listings for the convenience of everyone using the service.
As always, please take care when selling online and do not respond to unusual requests, such as freighting the goods before the cheque is cleared, an overseas purchase, putting money into someone else account when you are the seller or sending your email address to someone via a text message request when the person cannot be contacted by phone, as these are generally scam practices. It is also recommended to clear any cheques before handing over the item.
Caution… Two scams that are prevalent at the moment are:
- Requesting for your email by mobile text/sms message from an untraceable phone number, then continuing with the scam by email
- Sending a cheque and asking you to freight the goods (using a legimate Australian freight service) then they cancel the cheque
End of Google links