Guidelines on Conveying Visual Information (2005)
The Guidelines on Conveying Visual Information offer suggestions and examples of ways in which non-textual information can be presented in a format accessible to people who are blind or vision impaired.
The guidelines are available as a free download using the links below. Hard copies are available for purchase ($99) using the Order Form for Round Table Guidelines (doc 86 kb).
Note on formats: this document is available for download in three formats (text only, PDF and Duxbury). The PDF file is the only file with diagrams. Tactile diagrams (and/or masters to produce tactile graphics) are also available free of charge to users with a print disability and at a small charge to cover the cost of supply to others. Please contact us for more details.
- E-text version (doc 189 kb)
- This file has had all graphics and most unnecessary blank spaces removed in order to achieve a more compact and user-friendly file for users of screen magnification or screen readers and Braille displays. Blank pages have been retained so that the original contents page remains accurate and page numbering is consistent for both this and the Acrobat PDF version.
- Print version (zip 3 MB)
- This PDF format was prepared to print directly from Acrobat Reader and has a separate formatting notice in MS Word.
- Duxbury version (zip 30 kb)
- The 2 dxb files are zipped ready to emboss using Duxbury Braille Translation software.