The Round Table was established in 1981 as an indirect product of the Second National Seminar on Library Services for People with Print Disabilities, under the auspices of the National Library of Australia's Advisory Council on Library Services for People with Print Disabilities.
The Round Table on Information Access for People with Print Disabilities is an association comprising of organisations involved in the production, distribution and use of alternative format materials such as Braille, audio, large print and electronic text.
Members are drawn from Federal and State Government departments, direct service providers, production organisations, tertiary institutions, libraries, through to volunteer based community groups.
Benefits of membership
The Round Table seeks to assist its members by:
- Fostering a spirit of cooperation and resource sharing among members
- Setting standards and improving the range and accessibility of materials produced
- Providing for consultation and/or action on matters of common concern
- Representing the collective views of of members to appropriate bodies
- Fostering consumer consultation
- Hosting an annual industry wide conference
- Providing additional 'member only' benefits, such as access to the member's section and resources on the Round Table website
Round Table's strength is the diversity of knowledge and experience in the production and use of alternate format materials embodied in its members. Round Table members can draw on this in-depth experience to assist them in the production and use of alternate formats, as well as to represent perspectives on the accessibility of material. Members are encouraged to network and share their experience to improve the quality and further availability of alternate format materials.
Membership fees for the Round Table are based on an initial joining fee and an annual membership fee. These fees are reviewed annually by the Round Table Executive Committee.
- the annual membership fee is $360 AU (+ GST)
- the initial joining fee is 10% of the annual fee plus GST
In addition to these fees, any member receiving funding under the Print Disability Services Program run by FaHCSIA pays one half of one percent of that funding to the Round Table within the following financial year to assist the Round Table's operating expenses.
Join Round Table
To become a member download and complete the Membership Application Form (doc 94 kb).